An exciting opportunity for a lunchtime playworker to join our Ofsted rated 'Good' Primary School
Lime Tree Primary school opened in September 2013 and, since opening, we have a lot of achievements to celebrate.
The children, staff, parents and governors have all embraced the mission statement that is summarised in the strap line ‘Learning Together to Achieve Success’.
We are located in a purpose built school in Merstham where the blank page that we started with is now taking shape, with our ethos and values underpinning our day to day organisation as well as the overall strategic direction that the school is taking to move forward and grow year on year.
As an academy within GLF Schools, we benefit from sharing outstanding resources, and support in every aspect of school life from learning and teaching to staffing and educational expertise.
The successful candidate will support the supervision of children in the dining area and play areas to ensure the orderly conduct, welfare and safety of children during school lunch breaks.
The successful candidate will need to be able to work collaboratively and flexibly within our team, build good working relationships with both children and adults and demonstrate a respectful and caring attitude towards all our children.
Working hours: 7.5 per week, 39 weeks a year.
Pro Rata Salary: £2,904- £2,929.
This is based on a FTE salary range of £16,353 - £16,496
We can offer:
• Friendly and supportive staff team
• The opportunity to grow and develop within a growing and expanding school
• Good on the job training opportunities
• The opportunity to support children in accessing an engaging curriculum
• Enhance maternity & sickness entitlement
• Recognition of previous school continuous service
The ideal candidate will be able to:
• Ensure children remain within permitted areas of the school during the lunch break and to intevene in any situation where the safety of a child may be at risk
• To supervise the movement of children between classrooms, play and dining areas from the stsrt of lunchbreak until classes re-commence, and to ensure orderly conduct in the dining area
• To initiate and encourage positive play
• Organise play activities that are age appropriate
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to talk flexible working.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible. Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.