Merstham Primary School is situated in the village of Merstham and at the centre of a close and vibrant community. We are a ‘good school’ pupils are friendly, welcoming, well behaved and very keen to learn.
The school is within easy travelling distance from West Sussex, Surrey and London. Staff and families value the school’s sense of community and its commitment to educational inclusion.
We are now looking to appoint an experienced SEN Learning Assistant to support a child in KS2 with complex learning and medical needs.
The successful individual will have experience in delivering agreed learning programs; adjusting activities according to pupil need to support and enrich learning.
This role is for 25 hours per week.
This is a great opportunity for a skilled individual looking for a part time role.
NVQ level 2 required and experience with supporting learning needs is desirable.
The ideal candidate will be:
• Able to develop an understanding of the educational, welfare and social needs of the child with whom you are supporting.
• Able to stay calm and objective when presented with unusual or challenging behaviour.
• Enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team, including working closely with outside agencies.
• Able to relate exceptionally well with children and to go that extra mile to help them achieve.
• Experienced of Primary School enabling environments
• Understanding around how to observe and assess progression and attainment
If you would like to be part of the team, why not visit us?
Please call the school office on 01737-643978 to arrange a time for a tour.
Advert closing date: 21st June
Interview date: Week commencing 24th June
Start date: ASAP
Salary: FTE £16,497 - £19,974. Please note the successful candidate will have their Full time equivalent salary pro rata'd dependent on the number of hours they work. For 25 hours, the pro rata salary range will be £9,765 - £11,824. This is based on a FTE of £16,497 - £19,974
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.