Danetree Primary School has gone through an exciting journey to become a four-form entry Primary school in September 2016. Recently rated by Ofsted as an 'Outstanding' school, we pride ourselves on the commitment and dedication of the entire staff body and we proudly promote our passion and desire to assist in the educational development and enhancement of each and every child within our school.
We are now looking to appoint an enthusiastic and caring Learning Support Assistant to play a key role in supporting a child with ASD on a 1:1 basis.
Our mission is clear; ‘Danetree is a caring school where learning is creative, challenging and inspiring; enabling all to achieve their potential. Be part of our creative and passionate team as we plan the next step on our journey, and Grow, Learn and Flourish within GLF Schools.
We can offer:
• A supportive and approachable senior management team.
• Continuous professional development through our tailored CPD programme.
• An exciting chance to assist in the educational progression of young children.
• Job satisfaction.
• Recognition of previous school continuous service.
• Enhanced maternity and sickness entitlement.
The ideal candidate will:
• Be able to develop positive relationships with young children.
• Be able to develop an understanding of the educational, welfare and social needs a child with ASD, whom you are supporting.
• Be able to stay calm and objective when presented with unusual or challenging behaviour.
• Be enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team.
• Confident and clear communicator with parents.
• Be flexible with regard to other classroom work.
The role will initially be 5 morning a week, 20 hours a week 8.30am-12.30pm.
Salary: G3/4 - £7,812 pa (FTE £16,497 pa)
As a Trust we are happy to talk flexible working. We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we would recommend that you submit your application as early as possible. Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.