Are you in search of a new opportunity to teach English in a supportive, high performing school? We are looking to recruit an outstanding and motivated teacher for a September 2020 start.
Part-time applications welcome
Suitable for NQTs
Rosebery School is a highly successful, oversubscribed and vibrant girls’ 11-18 school with 1,450 students, including 250 in the Sixth Form. We are seeking to recruit an outstanding and motivated Teacher of English who is able to inspire our youngsters and engender a love of learning and of Mathematics in particular.
The English Department has a strong team of 15 teachers, a mix of full and part time staff, led by the Head of Department. The Department works well together to teach from Year 7 to Year 13, sharing ideas and enthusing students. Personal and professional development are encouraged and supported; several members of the team hold other responsibilities within the school.
Full Time or Part Time
GLF Main Range/UPR London Fringe
Please click here for a full application pack including job description.
The successful candidate will:
- Teach students in Years 7 – 11 and 12 - 13 as needed.
- Teach Media studies, as needed, to students in Years 7 - 11.
- Deliver lessons which enrich and engage all students taught.
- Teach other subjects as required.
- Plan lessons carefully, having regard to the schemes of work and faculty practice.
- Cover for absent colleagues within the ‘rarely cover’ parameters within which we work.
- Work as a full member of the designated faculty team, working with others to promote good practice in the faculty, to create teaching resources and to develop consistent approaches.
- Assess student work to monitor and evaluate progress, set targets and advise lesson preparation.
- Drive attainment and progress for all students taught, setting targets, tracking progress and intervening where appropriate
For the right candidate we offer:
- An opportunity to join a friendly and supportive team in an Ofsted Outstanding School.
- Development through CPD and career management.
- Recognition for your hard work and commitment.
- Teachers’ pension scheme.
- Excellent long-term prospects
For more information on our school, please visit our website http://www.roseberyschool.co.uk/. Visitors are always welcome, please contact Lesley Broome, HR Officer on email@example.com.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.