Highly skilled SEN Teaching Assistants Required
Be part of our creative and passionate team as we plan the next step on our journey, and Grow, Learn and Flourish within GLF Schools.
Lime Tree Primary School are looking for outstanding SEN Learning Assistants to provide 1:1 support to aid children with special educational needs at our school to learn effectively, inside and outside of the classroom.
Ideally you will have experience of special educational needs and understand how to motivate and support children to achieve their potential. You will have experience of using a variety of strategies suitable for special educational needs and be passionate about making a difference to children’s lives.
The successful candidates will work alongside and support the class teacher to ensure that the child you are supporting is accessing the curriculum and making positive progress in all aspects of their learning. You will liaise closely to ensure that effective support is delivered, during class or play.
About Lime Tree Primary School
An exciting opportunity for a lunchtime play worker to join our Ofsted rated 'Good' Primary School
Lime Tree Primary school opened in September 2013 and, since opening, we have a lot of achievements to celebrate.
The children, staff, parents and governors have all embraced the mission statement that is summarised in the strap line ‘Learning Together to Achieve Success’.
We are located in a purpose built school in Merstham where the blank page that we started with is now taking shape, with our ethos and values underpinning our day to day organisation as well as the overall strategic direction that the school is taking to move forward and grow year on year.
As an academy within GLF Schools, we benefit from sharing outstanding resources, and support in every aspect of school life from learning and teaching to staffing and educational expertise.
What we are looking for
• Assist in preparing the classroom, receiving children and clearing away
• Assist in planning activities and preparing materials to help the children access the curriculum
• Support the child in class, group and individual activities, indoors and outdoors.
• Support the Teacher in class and activities, including during teachers PPA time
• Assist in monitoring children's progress, assessing achievement and recording results and observations, sharing outcomes with the class teacher
Why work at Lime Tree Primary School
• A supportive and approachable senior management team.
• An expanding network of Nurseries and Schools.
• An exciting opportunity to grow and develop
• Job satisfaction.
• The opportunity to work in an expanding and developing Educational Trust, GLF.
Thrive in a career at GLF Schools
GLF Schools is a dynamic, forward thinking and rapidly expanding Academy Trust with many career opportunities for new and existing staff.
Each school in our Trust has its own individual identity, while benefiting from the expertise that comes from dedicated and experienced regional and Trust teams. Our schools serve to meet the needs of its own local community yet all are united in their core purpose of providing an outstanding educational experience.
GLF Schools has a generous employment offer which allows our colleagues to Grow, Learn and Flourish. Our offer includes:
● Continuous Professional Development
● Work life and family friendly policies
● Flexible Working
● Staff Wellbeing
● Career Pathways and Talent Management
● Staff Benefits
● Community and Collaboration
● Valued Worker Scheme
Hours: Full Time, 33.5 hours per week, 8.30am - 3.30pm Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday 8.30am - 4.30pm Thursday, Term Time
Salary: Pro Rata: £16,119 - £19,098, FTE: £17,322 - £20,523
Closing date for applications – 23rd February 2020
Interview date – W/C 24th February 2020
We positively encourage informal visits and look forward to showing you around our school. To arrange an appointment, please contact the school directly.