Do you have a Science background, passionate about Science and looking to join an Outstanding School?
Meridian High School is looking to appoint an organised, enthusiastic and proactive Science Technician to join our successful and thriving Science department.
We are interested in hearing from all candidates, no matter what point in your career you are currently at, and welcome flexible working arrangements.
Start date: As soon as possible
Contract type: Permanent
Working hours: Full-time
Pay scale: GLF Support Staff G5
Pay range (working full-time): £19,490 - £22,733
The successful candidate will be required to help in preparing and delivering orders for practical Science lessons, under the guidance and support of the Senior Science Technician. You will be joining a highly successful and experienced team of Technicians, working as an integral part of the Science Faculty.
This role requires an all-round team player, hardworking and organised with the ability to react to and work proactively in a timely and ordered fashion. Experience setting up Chemistry practicals would be an advantage but training will be provided.
The successful candidate will need to:
- Be an organised and effective Science Technician.
- Have the knowledge and experience (training will be provided) to efficiently support the setting up of Science practicals, specifically GCSE and A-Level practicals.
- Be enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team.
- Be passionate about the students' learning and welfare.
- Be keen to be part of the wider school community, participating in extra-curricular clubs.
We can offer you:
- An environment where the focus is on high quality teaching.
- An opportunity to develop your career through our extensive CPD programme and in-house training, whatever your level of experience.
- An opportunity to contribute and grow in a well-resourced and highly successful department.
- An opportunity to be part of a collaborative environment within GLF Schools.
- Enrolment in the Local Government Pension Scheme.
- Enhanced employee benefits.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview as soon as applications are received. GLF reserves the right to invite candidates for interview ahead of the closing date and withdraw this vacancy at any time if there is a good level of response. We would therefore recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, are happy to discuss flexible working options.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.