Would you like to work for an outstanding school in it's fourth year?
We are looking for a passionate KS1/KS2 class teacher to deliver high quality lessons while successfully nurturing and inspiring our students. As part of our energetic and welcoming team, you will enthuse and motivate students to strive for success while maintaining a healthy learning environment for all children within the school.
About Forge Wood Primary School
Forge Wood Primary is an outstanding school based in Crawley. Our school has state of the art facilities and is growing it's team and looking for people to be part of this exciting journey.
What we are looking for
- A detailed knowledge of the KS1/KS2 curriculum and its means of delivery
- Experience or training placements in primary or an Early Years setting
- A highly caring and patient approach to cultivating our youngest people
- The ability to motivate both students and your peers
- Experience innovating to deliver the curriculum
- Be able to develop positive relationships with young children.
- Be able to develop an understanding of the educational, welfare and social needs of the child with whom you are supporting.
- Be able to stay calm and objective when presented with unusual or challenging behaviour.
- Be enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team.
- Be a confident and clear communicator with parents.
Why work at Forge Wood Primary School
You will have the opportunity to work alongside outstanding teachers, to observe and share practice on a regular basis, developing pedagogy through reflection. We pride ourselves on excellent student behaviour / our strong ethos of inclusion and diversity. Our school community offers the opportunity to become a meaningful part of the wider community through enrichment and extra-curricular activities. We are passionate about staff work-life balance throughout the school and voluntarily adhere to the Fair Workload Charter.
We offer all of the following:
- A school that is fully dedicated to developing every child to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability.
- Collaborative working within our shared family of schools to support our endeavours to work smarter and achieve an effective balance between home and work.
- Exciting, accelerated leadership development and early promotion opportunities for the right candidates.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
- A successful NQT support program.
- Onsite parking
- Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students without limitations.
Closing date for applications - Monday 9th March 2020
Interview date – Wednesday18th March 2020
We positively encourage informal visits and look forward to showing you around our school. To arrange an appointment, please contact the school office.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.